Thursday, June 28, 2012

What Your Fat Cells Are Saying While You Exercise

As I make my way to the elliptical…is it possible? Can I hear the soft whisper of a conversation coming from behind me? I know who it is. It’s those nasty fat cells who have been making themselves at home on my backside for the past few years…and they’re scared, really scared.


As I switch on the elliptical, I hear one of them say to the other, “Do you hear that beep? She’s getting on that darned machine again…what’s the deal?”


The other fat cell responds, “If she keeps this up, we’re in real trouble. I’m tellin’ you buddy, I thought I was losin’ ya yesterday…you were fadin’ brother.”


“You don’t look so hot yourself…” the other says, “Look, we just have to stick with our plan…we gotta hang in there for as long as we can…She’ll break soon, she always does.”


“Yeah,” the fattest cell chimes in, “I really thought we had her yesterday when she got on the scale and…no drop, not even a half a pound!”


“Yeah, that was great! Weird, though, that usually sends her running for the donuts…but she just stepped off the scale with that look on her face and said, ‘Soon…you mark my words. You fat cells are history this time, cuz I’m not giving up.’”


“That kinda scares me when she acts like that…you know, all calm and cool like she really means it.”


In comes the Sergeant at Arms. “Okay troops, listen up! You guys are in real trouble…I just came from upstairs…talked to the Mind and it sounds like this is it…she not backing down this time – you guys might as well pack your bags…looks like you’re all outa here.”


And, as my sad little fat cells pack their bags for the trip out, I hear one of them say, “Sheese, remember the good ‘ol days when we used to get Pop Tarts for breakfast and cocktails EVERY night!”


“Yeah, and what the heck happened to all those great excused she used to use… ‘The meeting went too long…it’s raining…I’ve got cramps…I have to get a pedicure…’”


What the heck got into her, anyway?”


“I don’t know, man…I think it has something to do with that stupid Living Fit program…”

No comments:

Post a Comment